Monday 28 September 2009

Ethics and Morals

I saw the film Wall Street with Michael Douglas the other day and it got me thinking about greed and morals. Every ten years these issues pop up again, usually as a result from a financial crisis when most unethical tricks are drawn out into the sunlight. It's quite horrifying what people would do for money and to what lengths they'd go. For me ethics and loyalty will always be more valuable than any amount of money possible. I would rather lose a million than turn on a friend or steal from my partners. Sometimes I'm told I should be tougher and see the world through the eyes of the Gordon Geckos and Bernard Madoffs in the world, but I do not believe that is the way to go through life.

What comes around goes around, and as my good friend always says "good things come to good people and bad things come to bad people".

Oh and by the way, I'm going to New York for the weekend, will return with great new hotel experiences and I promise to go nowhere close to Wall Street.



The picture is from this site

No comments:

Post a Comment