Saturday 16 January 2010

Strong Link



First I was angry! But then I began thinking about the importance of every link in a chain.

To cut a long and tedious story short – we sent three men to Finland to put the “cherry on top” of our new renovated office in Helsinki – the shop sign. When checking in the sign at SAS counter, they met a nonchalant employee. The result was a lost sign, a lost working day and the cost of an overnight hotel in Helsinki. I thought how sad it was that the work of so many hard working employees at SAS can be ruined by the attitude of one employee – a weak link; and that companies are only as good as their weakest link in the chain.

Then I though about my own organization and how lucky I am that my employees not only pull their weight but are passionate about what they do. That brought back the smile on my face…..

No comments:

Post a Comment