Thursday 21 March 2013

From Vuitton to dolphins

The Louis Vuitton Spring Collection

Today we got the news that the Vuitton Spring Collection has been launched on the web, set at one of my personal favourites – an unspoilt and rustic paradise just off the island of Zanzibar.

My memories of Mnemba Island Lodge are very special.
I learned how to windsurf at Mnemba on the turquoise lagoon, and when doing this exercise I found myself surfing further and further from the shore as I was afraid to turn.




But finally I was so tired that I sat down on my board, watching the small island of Mnemba from far away, wondering if someone would come and rescue me!

Then suddenly I was surrounded by lovely friends - a dozen dolphins were swimming around me...



Well I got back to my rustic paradise of course…


A green island some 2km off the northern tip of Zanzibar

Coral sands and aquamarine waters

Barefoot luxury

But back to Vuitton and haute couture. So many of our luxury resorts  in the Select Collection are the scene of high fashion shoots – as you would expect of a haute couture operator…

For a start our Select Collection 2012-2014 has a high fashion introduction – and the shoot was on Koh Samui at Banyan Tree and W Retreat.

This is our signature image. She is Elle's model of the year (Theres Alexandersson) attired in an incredible creation from Hollywood all smothered in Swarovski crystals...



That infinity pool is at Banyan Tree Koh Samui…

Another view is seen on the cover of our Select Collection.

Images of Mnemba (c) &Beyond. Image of the above model (c) Select Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment