Wednesday 14 October 2009

Interdependent - what a lovely word

Dalai Lama talked about business when he give the speech at Thunderbird School of Global Management. He explained that our mind still think in terms of “we” and “they”, but in reality there is no such thing. The World is one body and we must recognize that "the others” are also part of the humanity and that my future depends on your future. “We may find comfort in the notion of independence, but in reality we are all interdependent”.

I read this in the Financial Times Magazine when I came home from New York and I just can't forget it. Consider the philosophy of "interdependence," where whole, centered individuals form a bond based on choice as opposed to need.

Interdependent, try the word, it even tastes well.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, and even more wonderful when I within a few weeks will read New York magazines over a full fat hot latte in Central Park:))
    Sweet kisses to you my Dear ;)

    ReplyDelete