Friday 30 October 2009

Woke up in Paradise


I woke up in paradise today after a long night fast a sleep with the terrace doors open to the slow and calming sound of the ocean waves rolling in underneath my suite. I arrived here at Amanawella yesterday after a 4,5 hours drive from Colombo international airport. The drive is filled with exciting sightings of local village life and beautiful sceneries of the ocean. here and there you can still see the damages after the disastrous Tsunami in 2004. It's not the most comfortable ride with cows standing on the road and tuk-tuks everywhere, but I can live with that in order to reach this fabulous hide away place. My friends car-sleeping habits on the other hand are not as easy to travel with. She's not only snoring, she's also tripping over and falling down with her head resting on my shoulder where she sighs contentedly, well at least that stops the snoring.

As I said, it's all worth it. Amanwella is wonderful, like being on an own paradise island hidden away from everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment