Saturday 24 October 2009

Meet Jim

I want to introduce my mentor to you. Everybody, please meet Jim Grundström. Jim, happy to introduce you to everybody.

Jim and I met 18 years ago and he still manages to teach me new things every-time we meet. He has this special energy that really triggers me. Originally he and his life partner Alexander (yes, they are the ones who form the famous designer duo "Jim & Alexander") took upon them to design and decorate all my offices, an ongoing job that never ends. Because design and esthetically beautiful surroundings are so important to me the work relationship very quickly became much deeper and turned into a long-lasting friendship. Jim has become my very dear mentor in the process, he's also very important for my son who finds his advice very valuable.

Yesterday I had a long talk with Jim about integrity and respect and about my blog. It's not always easy to decide where to draw the line on how personal thoughts can be shared with all of you dear blog-readers. Jim is a very wise man and has given me many advices and tips in this matter. I hope that you all enjoy the balance that I feel I've found here.

And now I'm going to share something personal about Jim with all of you. He's very good at history, but among all else he's probably number one in the world on naming and recognising Swedish Kings. I witnessed this summer when my friend Sonja tested him with an iPhone quizz application about the history of Swedish kings and queens. Jim got full points and his knowledge was so impressive that I can truly say I've never seen anything alike before!

No comments:

Post a Comment